K-12 and Higher Ed: The Best of Both Worlds
This wiki will be used during EduCon 2.4 for the conversation: K-12 and Higher Ed: The Best of Both Worlds
- Adam Fontecchio, Drexel University: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youngmoo Kim, Drexel University: email@example.com
- Weston Aenchbacher, Drexel University: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jared Coyle, Drexel University: email@example.com
- Sin Park, Drexel University: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eleanor Small, Drexel University: email@example.com
- Jessica Ward, Drexel University: firstname.lastname@example.org
Topic 1: Idealized K-12 and Higher Ed partnerships
I thought the talk was good with a lot of information regarding this particular Drexel-collaboration with 4 k-12 schools. The question that I didn't get to ask was Drexel's strategic gain from the collaboration.
It felt a lot like the partnership was really one-way where the university was supporting a k-12 instead of a mutually strategic partnership. Ultimately these types of partnerships peter out when the money dries up and it always does. I wonder if there could be a collaboration which was mutually beneficial?
Topic 2: Extending beyond the school, region, country
Topic 3: Regional partnership beyond education
External funding opportunities
- NSF TUES
- NSF DRK-12 (Discovery Research in K-12)
- NSF CE21 (Computing Education in 21st century)
Getting started with Wikis
- Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.